This object is in archive! 

Make unbuilt block skeletal frame a permanent option

Steven Fosjord shared this feedback 19 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Literally every single ship I've seen constructed by the developers has some blocks only partially welded to give it a nice, grid-like scaffolding look. So why not make that an option for each block?

I know there is a mod that already does it.

Replies (1)

photo

This is already an option in the game.

When you build in Creative, each block is placed in its fully built form. From here you just need to grind it partially to reveal the different states. Many of the blocks have several different build states.

If you care building in a Survival World it is simply a case of welding the block up to your desired state

photo

It's not really an option. An unbuilt block is much weaker than a finished one. Unfinished blocks also use a lot more processing resources, causing lag on a server. You cannot get that state when using a printer, welding with any block tools, or using a BAR system.

You can only do your method if you weld each and every block by hand and do not use any form of self repair system. I do not prefer to use a hand tool for everything, the game is called Space Engineers, not Space Welders. ;)

photo

I just think it odd that EVERY ship I've ever seen in a SE video by the company shows partially built blocks as decoration, but you cannot do it yourself unless using a hand tool and a lot of extra effort. It would not be a difficult change, a mod has already done it, and it's obviously something used by a great many players.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file