This object is in archive! 

Possibility to separate program into multiple files

Watashi shared this feedback 19 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Unfortunately there is no way how i can separate programm and make it more compact and easy to read/modify. All the time i have the same story:

I have idea -> create the project -> Class Program grows up to 1k+ lines -> i am annoyed by scrolling it all the time -> drop the project.

I bet a lot players who likes programming feature in the game have same experience. And i believe it is possible to give opportunity for players create more then one file in command block to have ability separate programm on self-written libraries and wrappers, logics, initializational stuff.

Replies (2)

photo

Take a look at this

https://github.com/malware-dev/MDK-SE

Its developed by a player but offers many of the features you want. Including a minifyer that can take a complex but readable code and turn it into somthing that fits in the pb block.

photo

Thank you for advice. I searched for similiar solutins and found a few options, so i am aware about such solutions, but i am not happy that the options enforce me to have VS2019 or install some addttional soft.

I still think that game should have this feature built in. I think that not a very big deal add more then one file with class Program, after all C# have partial keyword that solves the problem, or game itself can parse multiple files in one if code injection not that simple as i think.

The fact that community trying to make and support solutions like you mentioned points that game should have it as built in option.

photo
photo

I have made my own VS Code extension for doing the job, not that cool and comlex, i guess, as carson ball suggested, but i prefer to use VS code with SE, so here it is: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ExtensionSE.spaceengineers-helper

It is helpfull for me, so i am going to support it. If someone will face any problems, please notify me about it.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file