This object is in archive! 

[Automaton Beta] Some Basic Task and flight bugs

Jason McAlpin shared this feedback 14 months ago
Not Enough Votes

There seems to be a few points that Basic tasks break.

On Large Grid. Set a beacon on a ship, name home. Set a drone to follow home. it will fly toward it (provided it has a flight block) then stop never to follow it again. Unlike follow me which works fine.

If I cut and paste the drone in. it will try to fly off to a random spot or just fly off indefinitely.

If I paste in more than one drone they will all try to fly to the same spot and crash together until they are too damaged to control their movement

If I turn on and off the ai blocks they will re-acquire the home ship but still try to slam into the other copied ships.

Copied drones are stuck with the last action they had. if the offensive block turned on guns they will continue to shoot even when nothing is there. I expected when they hit the scan timer amount they would see no enemies and reset any weapons to off and any thrust back to default for other ai blocks to take over.

Flight and task blocks seem like they have the same issue. even turning them on and off doesn't reset them in a consistent manner that I can understand.

I will probably make a longer offensive block post but static weapons are ignored for alignment. it uses the blue axis (z+?) as the direction it aims.

Replies (1)

photo

Im struggling with exact the same bug. Drones with "follow home" task follow the lead ship for a while before developing a will of their own and fly away in a random direction. Drones bumping into another is a nother problem that i solved with a somewhat complicated system of sensors and timerblocks for collision avoidance.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file