This object is in archive! 

[Automatons Beta] Event Controller needs to handle more than just one event

Templar shared this feedback 14 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I was quite surprised that it would just handle one selected event. It should be possible to have it select multible events and even several instances of the same event type.

• Mark the already defined event with an asterix or color the name
  • Show a text box with the events already defined in this event category.
  • Allow naming of events in that list so we know what is triggered without the need to dig in.
  • Limit the maximum of events per block to 16 or 32

Having just one event per block is not enough.

Replies (3)

photo

I haven't seen the beta version yet, but I expected that event controller can handle a combination of events, not single one ...

if ( (A == Amax) && (B < Bmax) && (C == false) ) trigger slot 1;

If ( (D == true) && (C == false) ) trigger slot 2;

Of course not as text, but as some sort of UI constructor.

Also I expected event controller to have some command slot like Run condition check now, and timer to check conditions periodically, to avoid continuous checking to save CPU ticks.

photo

Use case exemple for complex conditions:

• If my cargo ship has finished unloading AND finished recharging it's batteries, THEN undock and go pick up more stuff

One way to implement (an indirect solution): Support an ON/OFF detection with the Event Controller

This then enable to use an intermediary block (such as a light) to implement a complex condition.

For exemple, we could use many Events controller, each one looking for a specific condition (cargo %, battery %, ...) and each lighting a specific light.

Then, a last Event controller check if ALL lights are on (with the AND checkbox) and does it's thing.

photo

I came here here to dump my thoughts and they share a lot with the posts above, so they're going here. I hope at least some of them are approved!

Add a 'Test Now' button so that when you set up a new condition you can 'Test Now' to check that condition immediately, rather than having to wait until that condition changes. You could also enable the 'Test Now' button to be triggered through the 'Setup Actions' menu from other blocks.

Event Controller to read 'True/False' from another Event Controller. - This would enable the ability to have nested conditions such as "IF (( A && B ) && (C || D )) THEN do something".

In fact you could read 'True/False' from most blocks. for example:

- Refinery 'is refining'

- Assembler 'is assembling'

- Timer 'Is counting'

- Door 'in motion' ??

- Cockpit/Remote/AI (Move) 'Is in control of the vehicle'

- Ore Detector 'Is Detecting'

- Drill 'Is drilling'

- And a nice one for all the new AI Blocks 'AI Behavior On'.

That is distinct and different from 'On/Off', which the Event Controller should also read, to test whether a device is powered. (Toggle Block).

Leave a Comment

Attach a file