This object is in archive! 

[Automatons Beta] AI Recorder (Task) has a Play On/Off terminal action but not Play On or Play Off

Maxwell M shared this feedback 15 months ago
Not Enough Votes

The current setup for the AI Recorder (Task), which has only Play On/Off, means that if something like an Event Controller triggers which is only meant to play the record, if that record is already playing it is instead switched off completely.

I have a drone which is supposed to dock using the Recorder when its fuel gets low, but if I have manually set it to dock prior, the Event Controller that detects the fuel level will end up stopping the record, potentially causing the drone to lose all fuel and crash.

Replies (1)

photo

I've been running into this issue, too. Considering how many not well documented and complicated side effects and interactions exist between the different AI blocks and their seemingly unrelated actions, it can be very hard to figure out if an AI Recorder block's Play On/Off needs to be called in a specific situation or not.

E.g. turning an AI recorder block off and turning it back on again will resume playing it. Changing the active AI move block will stop the currently playing AI Recorder block. Reversing the order of AI Recorder waypoints will start playing the AI Recorder block. These are just a few examples were various actions on an AI Recorder block or even on other AI blocks change the AI recorders playing state in ways that is not necessarily obvious or easy to follow.

Without a good understanding of these specific behaviors it becomes impossible to ensure a specific state for a AI Recorder block at the end of a sequence of actions. E.g. if I want to reverse waypoints and change the active AI Move block and make sure my drone starts flying its flight path afterwards, I can't just simply put these three actions into a Timer Block without intricate knowledge of what side effects the other actions have on the playing state of the AI Recorder. With simple Play On or Play Off actions, this wouldn't be necessary since I could simply put a Play On action at the end which would always ensure my AI Recorder block will be playing at the end of the action sequence.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file