This object is in archive! 

The programming block - Feature it more please! Implement more helper functions by examining why scr

Matthew Carven shared this feedback 20 months ago
Not Enough Votes

The programming block - Feature it more please! Implement more helper functions by examining why scripts are so long and implement function calls that do the heavy lifting, it shouldn't take 50000 lines of code to get some totals on cargo amounts, a navigation script with 10 waypoints should be like 15 lines of code and 10 of those are the array of gps co-ordinates. Track how many times a function has been called I.E. last call time and if it is in the 50 to 100m or less milliseconds block the thread for a second or so and yield to other function calls, I do not care if a LCD display on cargo totals takes 5 minutes to update, I only care that it does, and it has to include all the code for enumerating cargo containers instead of a helper function that just dumps the totals and that call could be cached per grid only updating the cache on cargo changes..... yeah I'm a dreamer and maybe I am asking too much but honestly tell me you do not want this?

Replies (1)

photo

Sorry if I am whingeing here honestly I love all the work you guys (and gals) have done and would like to see more!!!!! Hope your all having great a day today!!!!!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file