This object is in archive! 

Space engineers needs some kind of Super Beacon with a heavy power draw to be able to attract plyers

Matthew Carven shared this feedback 20 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Space engineers needs some kind of Super Beacon with a heavy power draw to be able to attract players - This would enable people to place honey pots with resources away from their base but still able to find by other players when your jumping 4000km at a time and your beacon only goes as far as 200km there is little to no chance of another player finding you or you finding them.

This would create situations where there is conflict in a safe way so that you do not loose your infrastructure and can place a new honeypot if one is destroyed.

Also 20000 Pcu is barely enough for a weld/grind ship with 5 grinders/welders on the same ship

a miner with 5 drills and 3 large cargo containers, mine is a bore miner

your base of operations where i assume you will have about 8 assemblers and up to 20 refineries which will sit idle after initial investments in time in regard to mining are made

and an atmospheric lander, I am at 4124 pcu left atm and I had another player try and "trade" pcu with me.....

so maybe 30 to 40000 pcu would be ideal for a player and enough infrastructure to actually play multiplayer. 4124 pcu isn't really going to make a warship its not like the servers couldn't handle a little extra pcu per player/faction unless they are ancient servers or something.......

Replies (1)

photo

Also if server processing time is such an issue why not make the client responsible for the workloads, its not like your code isn't secure on their machines and I suspect any alterations would show up quite quickly. For things like pressurisation calculations etc......

Leave a Comment

Attach a file