prevent reactors from charging batteries

Taylor youngreen shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

They need to make it so reactors can't charge batteries or at least have the option of disabling reactors recharge batteries because that's useless to use uranium to charge batteries, and they need to change reactors to be the lowest priority so it will use solar and the solar power that was stored in the batteries first. instead of burning through all your uranium.

The first priority should be Solar, then batteries then reactor, because then the reactors will only produce power when there isn't enough solar or battery power. solar will power the grid and excess solar will go to the batteries. with the reactors there to make up the difference when there is high demand.

That way you will conserve uranium. rather than using up all the uranium to charge the batteries.

currently what I play is, I have lots of solar panels and lots of batteries and I only turn on the reactors when I don't have enough power. but that's annoying. because if I forget to turn them off it will burn through all my uranium to charge the batteries.

so if someone could make a mod to fix this or if we could convince Keen software to fix this that would be great.

similar to this:

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/general/topic/allow-batteries-to-only-charge-from-renewable-energy-sources

Replies (1)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file