This object is in archive! 

axle differential

Hammerton shared this feedback 21 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I have a suggestion: since now wheeled vehicles are not particularly developed and are not a very common type of vehicle in the game, I would like to support this area. for example, to begin with, you can change the operation of the wheels by adding one or two blocks. namely the differential. I do not ask for the full implementation of the transmission of torque from possible El engines and internal combustion engines through cardan shafts, and so on. but I simply propose to create 1x1x1 and 2x2x2 / 1 (for 1x1, 3x3 one differential, for 5x5 another) variants of active differentials, for possible axles at the wheels. because now there is such a problem when you have a bunch of wheels that you have unscrewed at full power and grip, but still this is not enough, because each wheel is spinning from its own engine while not connected to the others. and if you add a differential between the "suspensions", then both "engines" inside each of the suspensions on the axle will transfer their power to the other suspension, if one is in contact with the ground, and the other is not. I can even give an example of the recently announced Tesla track, which uses the same EL engines but paired on one axle. thus, if one wheel has less grip, or even spins freely, then the differential will come into play, which will transfer all the torque to the wheel with more grip, thereby theoretically doubling the patency of this particular axle. again, it would be possible to mess around and do a full transfer of torque from the engines to the wheels, but I think it can wait, because you probably have so much work right now. so thank you for your attention, and I hope you can do it.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file