This object is in archive! 

Mod manangement order is kind of a mess

DenKrigsgud shared this feedback 21 months ago
Not Enough Votes

As the title says I feel that the current mod management is a bit tedious and lacks a lot of QoL features that would be nice haves going forward to make it more accessible and just less of a headache.

Premade modlists: I love that our modlists are per world however I would like to be able to quickly copy them over to another which could be quite useful for a number of things. For instance, loading an empty creative world just for building and testing blueprints. You could also quickly make a SP into a fresh SMP or vice versa. You may even be able to figure out how to share these lists which I am aware collections exist but they have limitations like load ordering (more on this later) and plugins being handled differently. Although not much can be done about the later Howerver...

Mod Load Order: This IMO is a bit more important as the current modding systems just makes it a headache (doubly for someone like myself with ADHD so bad working memory). Now it is serviceable enough even if I would like something more like Mod Organizer levels of features I am aware that's not really in the cards for KEEN(maybe you could work with modders like Nexus did and have them make an official tool or even built into the game idk kinda spitballin here). The main gripe I have is the really bad handling of mod dependency. It NEEDS to be more clear which mods have them and what they are to much more easily get it right. Right now you add your mod then hover over to see if they have a dependency. The you ad it and move it but whenever you start messing with the order the tooltips stop working on anything you added to the list and you will have to remove it then go out the the mod adding GUI then back in to re-add it to see them again. I suggest having some kind of marker to know which one have dependencies and make the tooltip it's own GUI element either when ever you click on them or just having a list of all dependencies or a combination of the two.

These two features would be amazing QoL changes to make modding less of a headache and way more accessible. Also side note I would like to know how many people didn't even know Load Order mattered.

Replies (1)

photo

You can easily copy a world with all settings and mods by clicking "Save As" and typing a new name, then change everything according to your needs.

On the subject of mod dependencies: you only have to have them installed with Blueprints. With mods themselves, these are automatically downloaded and installed when you load a world.

About the mod order: There are only a handful of mods that have to be at the top, for example "Water Mod", "Daily Needs" or "Industrial Overhaul".

Leave a Comment

Attach a file