This object is in archive! 

Specific Planet Spawning for Players

Steven Foletta shared this feedback 22 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello, I am getting ready to setup a new system on a dedicated server I purchased, but my concern is random players setting up on specific planets. I want to share my server and enjoy the company of other players, but I would prefer a set planet(s) to start and require engineers to work thru progression to leave said planet(s) and follow the name of the game – Space Engineers.

I have read through multiple chats, posts and links and feel that some of these options are not becoming of long-term server. I have read that you should lock/password to prevent players from spawning on random planets - This only conveys trust issues and limits the amount of players who could or would join your server. I have also ready that you should only set up only one world for players to spawn on other than in space. Again, this limits the people that would want to join and enjoy a server. Others say, just play by your self - and that in itself is defeatist as the name of the game is - Space Engineers, not Space Engineer. All these ideas and solutions so far are un-becoming of an admin who wants players to join. I just want people to join and build, explore, fight, or survive equally.

Couldn't you just add a feature, write a code, or button that limits the spawn point at start? Maybe a custom scenario that only allow "earthlike' starting point? (or other designated planet(s)?

Players who are able to spawn on a resource rich planet before anyone else gets there seem cheap and meaningless for others working or striving for the stars. Players who want Platinum or Uranium should work to get to these minerals. But being able to “die and spawn” or just “spawn” makes other players lose interest as I have encountered on my servers.

I hope that you can consider this issue as I want this new server to grow in popularity and population for some time to come, not months and then become empty as space… with remanence of players and debris.

Replies (1)

photo

As short term solution there are some Mods who disable all spawn options except Earth. the Mods can easely rewritten to change the Planets if needed

Leave a Comment

Attach a file