This object is in archive! 

Make the lock function available for groups mixed from rotors and hinges

andersenman shared this feedback 16 months ago
Not Enough Votes

The Lock functions on Rotors and Hinges notionally works the same, given how hinges are "just" fancy rotors.

However, when rotors and hinges are mixed in a group, they cannot be locked through their common group as the […] lock option is not included in the list of commands available for triggering through the toolbar or similar means.

2df0490215c92e325cb29e31765b7ef0

dcf311978d4d4b440b530db2d8c87236

f1ea248e799f765689b0a76a49f74398

From a gameplay perspective, there seems to be no reason for withholding only that particular command. I can take my guesses on the flimsy technical reasons as to why it's not there, but to me as a player, those reasons would not, and do not, matter either way. (I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was as silly as the text strings not being the same so the command list generator can't see those two are functionally the same.)

And no, I don't want to use some in-game command multiplier like a timer on Trigger now to work around a shortcoming generated purely by a design and/or development oversight. It just breaks immersion and is an overall unnecessary and embarrassing experience.

Please make the lock function available for groups mixed from rotors and hinges.

Replies (1)

photo

Guys, this can help significantly with either simplifying or diversifying your options with automation. (Or maybe not yours, but perhaps of the people you get to play with, or whose blueprints you get to use.)

Use a single button to lock rotors AND hinges at once without some awkward command-multiplying contraptions around timers. Save blocks, save mouse clicks setting up blocks, spend more time building, lessen frustration with the game.

If you don't vote, you only have yourself to blame when the game remains substandard because the responsible people couldn't be bothered to think a feature through past next lunch.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file