This object is in archive! 

Major Sound Bug of muitiple block types Looping Both in Realistic and Arcade sound options

Jeshua Mortensen shared this feedback 18 months ago
Not Enough Votes

There is a significant problem with the sound produced by different blocks. The issue may be with all the sound-producing blocks such as refineries and assemblers and H2/O2 generators when in operation or running. To reproduce the effect simply put ice in the H2/O2 generators or start the assembler-making components or put ore in the refinery and have them running.

At first, everything is fine. The engineer can leave the area far enough away that the sound goes away. Then when he comes back to the area it will be like there are twice as many sounds as there were before.

If you repeat the process of leaving and coming back again it is like adding another layer of sound effects. And if you turn the blocks off remotely and come close they are still producing the sound. The most obvious one is the block drills. If you have a particularly large ship such that the pilot seat is far from the drills and you use the drills then shut them off from the pilot seat. Then leave the seat and fly over to the drills they will sound like they are still running. So the way to turn the sound off is by being close to the block and turning it on and off again. Then the sound will be gone.

The sound bug can be reproduced with a headset or without. Also, I have checked the other bug threads and one similar to this said the issue has been solved, but I have the most recent update and still have the issue. So maybe the issue has been solved in an unreleased update!

An added note -- the sound bug began around the same time as the most wanted update I think and has been an issue since then.

Replies (3)

photo

Forum user: mAJoR soUND BUG!!!!!!11111oneeleven

"Submit bug" button: Am I a joke to you?

photo

Yes, submit bug button is a joke.

Fixes are too few and too far inbetween to justify the existance of this site or the "report bug" button.

photo
photo

The sound bug continues to be an issue. Sounds will sometimes cease to play when they should, and continue to run their sound loop. Directional sounds that are stuck in this way no longer update their position, i.e. if a sound becomes stuck coming from your left, it will continue to come from the left channel no matter how the camera is rotated.

Sounds can sometimes become stuck in Arcade Sound mode, but in Realistic Sound mode it is almost guaranteed that sounds will become stuck. It seems to occur mostly when moving from magboots to flying, or entering/leaving a cockpit, or some other action that changes how "muffled" the sounds are when in Realistic sound mode.

photo

Thank you Terris for your reply, we all hope it can be fixed soon. And thank you and the keen team for all the hard work you are doing :D

Leave a Comment

Attach a file