This object is in archive! 

keep inventory on disconnect (private server toggle)

Kheryn shared this feedback 23 months ago
Not Enough Votes

It'd be nice if we had an option when creating a world to make it so we don't need to enter a cryopod every time we disconnect. Me and my friends have to leave on random occassion relatively often. Not respawning back at the base potentionaly losing a ship that we spent hours building would be nice.

And before any of the pretentious types think to themselves "just use the cryopod it's a feature i am so smart and sexy" that's why i said it should be an OPTION when creating the world, so that players who like fun can disable it and players who want bragging rights can keep it enabled.

Thank you for your consideration.

Replies (2)

photo

The reason the cryopod (or a bed) is required (only in multiplayer) is your character still exists while you are not connected to the game. It doesn't vanish, likely to eliminate the obvious exploits (that are extremely common in games that do so, like Minecraft).

Having to respawn isn't caused by disconnecting. Since your character is still in the game, it needs power and oxygen. Without it, your character dies and you have to respawn at a respawn point (survival kit, med station, or random if you have neither). If you disconnect and reconnect before your character dies, you'll still have all of your inventory and be where you were when you disconnected.

Even if you are in a cryopod, if it loses power or runs out of oxygen you'll still die and lose all your inventory.

An example of another game that does this is ARK. Granted, your body uses dramatically less food and water while you're disconnected (as if you're hibernating), but you still can very easily die (disconnect while flying or not in your base and you're almost certainly dead before you can reconnect and have lost all your stuff).

I'm not being argumentative, just explaining why the game does this. If you have a solution that doesn't introduce exploits, that'd be great.

photo

Yep, this 'feature' is one of the reasons I really dont play SE.. I love the game and what you can do.. But, like the OP just want a way that you dont have to worry about "surviving" while offline.. You dont need to explain why it is how it is.. We get that.. Just would love a way to disable it so another portion of folks could play the game they want to..

Leave a Comment

Attach a file