This object is in archive! 

[Feature Suggestion] Small blocks should not consume the entire 'block'

Tony Flury shared this feedback 19 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Due to the collision/ attachment point logic currently used it is impossible to place say a light on the celing of a one block (2.5m) space,, when a button is already placed on the wall, and similar clashes occurr with other small blocks (thin LCD panels etc).

The build system and collision meshes used for small objects (button, interior lights, LCD panels etc) should not consume the entire 2.5m cube.

This would allow for more compact builds rather than needing two cubes just to contain 1 celing light and one wall button.

Replies (2)

photo

Hmm. This sounds like "attachment system" some other games use. I like it

Well as some ppl know that SE is made like Minecraft with only difference that every new ship (grid) is like new paper you can built on.

Also instead of primitive shapes SE use 3D models in "block space".

SE have 3 Grid sizes

Voxel grid (Asteroids)

Large block grid (block)

Small block grid (block)

Maybe if Devs or some modder add "attachment system" for lights like magnetic led lights you buy in real life then you can have this.

Also

You can also make this by creating custom block that act like landing gear block (magnet) with power transfer AND emit light or be LCD.

Problem is that SE not support multi role blocks (i fail trying to do battery-merge block combo)

photo

Medieval Engineers already has this "Multiblock" feature you're suggesting.

And thats the problem. As long as ME exists, this feature wont come to SE afaik.

I would LOVE to be able to compound blocks, that dont take up the whole space, into one blockspace, especially those decorative blocks like lights, panels, chairs, etc....

photo

It has nothing to do with Medieval Engineers. In order to implement the feature, the game has to be fundamentally rewritten, which can also affect other parts of the game

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file