This object is in archive! 

Medium or Intermediate sized grids.

Comrade Jenkens shared this feedback 20 months ago
Not Enough Votes

So since the start, Space Engineers has had two different sizes of grids. Small grids (0.5m), and large grids (2.5m). These two grid sizes haves always been great for building fighters and capital ships respectively.

However 'intermediate' sized ships have always been more of a challenge to build well. Either requiring huge quantities of small grid blocks which hits the performance, or having to be built in a very low resolution with large grid blocks which hurts their appearance and utility.

An 'intermediate' grid size (1m? 1.5m?) would be a massive quality of life improvement for what should be an extremely common size of ship. Ships such as the Millennium Falcon, the UNSC Longsword, the RSI Constellation, the Space Shuttle, and many others all fall into a size range where they would benefit from this.

Thanks for reading.

Replies (2)

photo

This. I want to be able to make some actual fighter jets without having to place every atom of it, with actual interiors. Small grid should be reserved to drones, I feel. It gets too pcu and performance heavy to make decent sized non large grid ships with liveries.

photo

Didn't bother reading and no I don't approve of this

Leave a Comment

Attach a file