This object is in archive! 

Noise of the running machinery - everywhere.

Lynx shared this feedback 20 months ago
Not Enough Votes

[ Online ] [ PC Steam ]

1. Built a factory ship.

2. Finished the hull so it become pressurized.

And immediately got a non-stop sound of running machinery.

Even in space, in space suit, far away.

- Tried to disable and enable all suspicious blocks.

- Tried to power off the ship with Y.

- Tried to run away in space suit.

The sound persists. Only logging out and back in helps.

There is literally a ton of such reports. There are some suggestions and workarounds, usually not working. Steam, Reddit, this cite, everywhere.

Can this annoying bug be fixed?

Can Keen at least implement a workaround: powering ship down with Y forces the game to re-evaluate all sound sources? Or add button to the sound options: Force all looping sound to stop, all sound sources re-evaluated for being on and at what volume?

Replies (1)

photo

Build a ship with hydrogen engines. The thruster sound starts. If you turn the ship off the sound persists indefinatley.

Build a ship that has no thrusters in one direction. Press the button to move in that direction. Get Thruster sounds anyway even if no thrusters for that direction.

The sound must be linked to somethingh on the ship, a thruster, a tank or a H2 O2 generator and it activates when that is built or used.

Also have noticed in long mining trips, the thrusters at one point change the sound. I mean you can spent half an hour mining with thrusters sounding like ions, than at one point it just changes to a difrent sound and persists that way. I guess there are multiple sound files.

photo

The whole sound system is a mess, and players are fruitlessly looking for workarounds since ... probably when game was first released. The first two things google suggests about SE is permanent noise sound bug and cannot join server bug.

photo

I like to work with hydrogen and hydrogen engines a lot. As someone with a large space station mainly powered by 200 hydorgen engines, I really feel this.

This could easily be fixed if there was a way to modify ingame sounds further than just "Sound" and "Music".

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file