This object is in archive! 

Hazard, sci-fi, corrugated camo are not applied correctly

Ejsstiil shared this feedback 21 months ago
Submitted

I have purchased all DLC's and noticed that hazard, sci-fi and corrugated textures are not applied correctly to certain common blocks - just the color, while texture is set to "scratched" one. See the pictures. "corrugated.JPG" "corrugated2.JPG" "sci-fi.JPG" "hazard camo.JPG"

No mods or plugins, completely clean, new empty world - just all DLC's

While the rest of textures are mostly ok and are applied to most parts of blocks:

glamour-ok.JPG

carbon.JPG

concrete.JPG

cowmoo.JPG

woodland-ok.JPG

digital-ok.JPG

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Ejsstiil,

thanks for pointing these out.

However, after discussion with our art department, it turned out that these skins are by design shown only in one color on these blocks. The complex textures, color scheme and strips (hazard, corrugated), would not look good on these blocks due to their surface area and various depressions.

Will close this thread, as there is no bug really.

Hope you understand.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi Keen,

this can be understandable, however they are not display even with the right color (except on the plain armor). Btw, which color is the right color?

It also makes no sense, while hazard skin, for example allows any color combination (see the pic.) - but just on armor blocks.

I also believe, whether something looks good or not on something, it should be a player's decision. At least hazard textured drills, they'll look superb! But this is not currently possible.

After all, you could of say that to almost all textures - wooden, glamour, concrete on thrusters or cockpit?

Please, try to reconsider that and give us the freedom here ;)

Thank you

Ejsstiil

photo

bump

photo

Can you convert this ticket to a Feedback please?

photo

I can confirm hazard does not stick to conveyors, hydrogen thrusters, tanks, girder blocks, etc.. Its a shame, i wanted to paint conveyors in it, i think they would look nice with stripes.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file