This object is in archive! 

Gif alt to Distant Rendering

Metal Fox shared this feedback 20 months ago
Not Enough Votes

May suggest a periodic snap to 26 sides of Voxels and Grids, static resolution if you wish. Then just shrink the image according to distance. Then at least any 3d renders work, is minimal and no textures need to be processed. This also allows planets and massive structures to not pop out of nowhere! lol

This has been done in other games, though there will need more consideration to the physics portion. This also allows the possibility of full cities built on several planets without actually using memory (again, with the exception of your physics).

I wish I could give more specifics according to your software, but I feel at that point, I'd just code it myself, lmao!

Replies (1)

photo

:Take several snapshots of a planet or grid at different angles necessary for animating rotation. Then shrink and grow the image until it enters 3d rendering distance. So if a planet (voxel) or Death star (grid) in the distance can still be viewed without tearing into your computers memory!:

The following step would be periodic snaps, since ships/planets may become viewably damaged or transformed from a distance.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file