This object is in archive! 

Remove Transparent LCD from Behind Paywall: Let Everyone Have It

Goatroach shared this feedback 21 months ago
Not Enough Votes

To start, I have all DLC.

However, the Transparent LCD panel really does fall into the pay-to-win category, as there is no vanilla equivalent, meaning it is not just a premium cosmetic.

It is far to crucial a block for designing custom bridges/cockpits to be locked behind a pay wall.

The cost isn't much to me, but I do believe Keen needs to maintain their policy of not locking features/game mechanics behind pay walls, and the transparent LCD really is a game-changer in ship design, so it really should be a vanilla item.

I'm fine with pretty much every other premium content item where they are; just this one item really shouldn't be locked behind paid DLC. Again, I have the DLC, and this isn't me trying to be cheap, it's just trying to maintain Keen's own DLC model of keeping functional blocks with no non-premium equivalent out of paid DLC. Only other block that surprised me that it's premium DLC is the light panel. Due to its airtightness and flatness, it has no equivalent light block, and should probably also be non-paid content.

The transparent LCD does indeed give a distinct advantage in ship combat/navigation, though, so if only one of the two had to be removed from behind the pay wall, the transparent LCD is the one that should be made available to everyone.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file