This object is in archive! 

Orbiting Solar System-The Sun

Prometheus shared this feedback 21 months ago
Not Enough Votes

My suggestion is to make the sun a 3d object instead of just something in the background. To make it simple it would be bright but new polarize screens could be added to give the textured sun look, similar to the polarize scene from Star Trek, it would be a massive object however it would be hollow and have an unbreakable shell underneath the lightshow. The gravity would be higher than any other planet making it harder to escape but the could be changed later on. When getting closer normal or light armor blocks would start to take damage from the heat, get too close your ship breaks apart. Heavy armor would allow you to get closer however once really close and over time it too would take damage. If you somehow managed to land on the sun regardless of what armor blocks the blocks would quickly break and be destroyed. Once pressurization fails you would die instantly both from the overwhelming heat and gravity.

The challenge of navigating around the sun and potentially to any stations closer to it would be scary and exciting.

Also for different solar systems different sizes and colors should be available according to either player choice or IRL science.

Replies (1)

photo

I doubt that 15 million degrees celsius surface temperature is a wee bit too hot for a stack of steel to endure. It wouldn't be realistic at all.

I believe that this game could benefit from more astronomical objects too, but the game is much more about creation and simulation of stuff than exploration and setting of the universe. I do think it'd be pretty fun to actually orbit the sun and have a more realistic solar system (maybe even a solar system generator) but I feel like the game can improve in many other different ways as this wouldn't really bring much to the table for players to engage in.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file