This object is in archive! 

Combat Subsystem Protection

Logan Keller shared this feedback 20 months ago
Not Enough Votes

With the recent ability of AI-controlled weapons to target the subsystems of bases and spacecraft. I would like to put forward a few ideas regarding anti-targeting.

The first idea with the intent of keeping a vanilla feel: A Scanning ability and-or block that is based on the number of layers of and type of armor. For example, when using the targeting system in turret control (or possibly another block) there would be an option to scan the vessel etc. based on the layers and type of armor it would take differing amounts of time. In practice this may perform as follows: as soon as you have entered the max turret firing range, the ability to scan appears. The target vessel only has one layer of light armor so it takes roughly 15 seconds to scan for all subsystems of the ship.

The second idea which holds a more mod-like feel is three additional blocks to the game. A scanner, a scan "jammer", and a directional emp. would perform very much as their name implies.

I am partial to the first idea, however, I felt both are worth at least exploring the idea.

Replies (1)

photo

As an added note for the first idea: Distance from the target could also play role in the time it takes to scan a construct.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file