This object is in archive! 

New npc ships/new buyable ships

Joseph Thompson shared this feedback 21 months ago
Not Enough Votes

There needs to be an update to add new npc cargo ships as well as more space pirate bases that are actually worth raiding. Possibly throw in a battle cruiser and battleship for the npcs. Also we need new and more buyable ships.

Replies (1)

photo

I like this.

There's one pirate station in the game ("Hiding Station", I think is the name) that's relatively tiny and has nothing whatsoever of value, but has several turrets and calls in gobs of drones. It's exponentially more difficult (free flying in your suit with a grinder and no gun) than any of the cargo ships and the vast majority of the Encounters, but yields nothing. Total disappointment for a "base".

As to the ships, it seems the vast majority of the ships are freighters, with a few carriages thrown in. Those are quite useful (especially for a super quick start to a mobile base in the game), but there needs to be more variety.

photo

Actually in a recent video I watched, I do believe that keen is working on the new AI system for humanoid npcs as well as bases and ships for them. I doubt it will amount to much considering some of the mods I've seen have much more potential than most of what keen has produced despite the fact that all they have to do is essentially copy and paste the mods into the original vanilla programming to make it a permanent feature. I've also suggested more and distant planets that require actual engineering to explore or get to but that has also fallen on deaf ears.

photo

Nice to know that at least someone has an actual interest in my suggestions though :)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file