This object is in archive! 

Double-Ended Oxygen Farms Please?

Charles Braden shared this feedback 22 months ago
Not Enough Votes

As much as I enjoy all the changes made to SE over the past couple of years, a few of the basics still need tweaking IMHO. Something that I was reminded of when building a base yesterday is that the solar-powered Oxygen Farms are only connected at one end so they can't easily be stacked. I'm pretty sure this is an oversight as opposed to WAI since it makes little sense to allow O2 and Hydrogen Tanks to be plumbed at both ends but not the O2 Farms.

Could we just have another set of attachment points at the other end please? I'd even be willing to settle for increasing the material cost a bit to compensate.

Replies (2)

photo

It would be nice if they had conveyor ports on their base section's sides. As of now, they require large stacks of conveyor junctions to be used in any appreciable quantity.

photo

I'd like to see some other variants of the oxygen farm in general, it's a block that has a lot more potential, but right now is too awkward to use. Having something like a surface-mounted variant where the oxygen-generated is flat along the structure instead of across would be nice, maybe in 1x2x2 form factor, so that it could be used to make oxygen-producing green roofs without becoming an overly complex mess of conveyor junctions and extra padding to make it airtight.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file