This object is in archive! 

Please add a small O2 tank for small and large grid

Volcano shared this feedback 23 months ago
Not Enough Votes

Current O2 tanks are big, and have a huge capacity. This is fine to store oxygen for a pressurized base on a planet without breathable amtopshere. But when building an airlock on a ship, an oxygen tenk separated from the main conveyor network is necessary to depressurize without losing oxygen.

However, when used to depressurize an airlock an oxygen tank will most of the time not be filled up to its maximum capacity. Often it will be less than half filled.

That's why a smaller oxygen tank would be nice. The size of a single block for the large grid version will be enough. Even small grid ships with an interior can benefit from a smaller oxygen tank.

Replies (3)

photo

Considering I'm building a star gunship, I truthfully have more oxygen than I need. A smaller o2 tank with size scaling similar to the hydrogen tank would certainly be welcome.

photo

a half block variant with 1/4th capacity for small and large grid would be a nice addition

photo

In my opinion large grid o2 tank is alright, but small grid definitely needs a smaller one, preferably a 1x1x2 (like large grid variant) or similar to the small h2 tank, a 1x2x2 could be alright as well.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file