This object is in archive! 

Textures still not loading since Warfare 2

Anewman shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

My copy of the game has not been able to properly load graphics since the Warfare 2 update. Attached are photos of a new map, no mods, with graphics set to medium to illustrate the issue.

I've noticed that whenever I load a world the graphics are normal for about a second before blurring, not sure if that helps trace the issue.

I've tried the following fixes already -

• Reinstall the game
  • Verify the game files
  • Update graphics drivers
  • Deleted SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  • Tried every permutation of graphics settings/Anisotropic flitering/anti-aliasing

This is a real bummer because I really love this game and want to keep building but this bug is really holding me back. There isn't an issue when I use the Heavy Industry Beta, but I'd like to be able to enjoy all the new updates!

Replies (1)

photo

I also had this issue

I lowered my graphics quality down one and it solved it. My guess is that there is most likely a texture cache for storing images in preparation for rendering and the game is blurring the textures (most likely a resolution reduction) to reduce their size, hence allowing all required textures to fit in the cache. Again, not sure if that's actually what's happening, but reducing the textures a level fixed it for me.

This should probably be in bugs.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file