This object is in archive! 

Future content

Jordan Bell shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello, I have a few ideas for future content that you will be interested in. The ecosystem that SE has developed into allows creators to create things from all different genres. I.e. spaceships, building, racing cars, rockets, etc. I personally use SE to build compact military vehicles.

Its is from this that I have thought of several new blocks/mechanics that myself and many others would love to see in the future updates.

1: 2 block high small flight seat. The problem with the current small block flight seats is that the 3 block height usually makes them too tall for builds like cars and sleek jet fighters. It means you either have to bury the cockpit into the frame/fuselage or you have to build a really high roof. MY solution to this would be a 2 high block cockpit.

As a result of the small profile the engineer would be sitting backwards quite a bit, like what a formula 1 driver would do. To balance the block the length of it would be 4 blocks instead of 3. The width would be either 3 block of offset to 2 (same as the i-game flight seat).

2: Tank Tracks. Since the invention of the SE wheel engineers have been using blast door blocks to create their own tanks tracks. Very creative and technical. Unfortunately this method to making tank tracks has some drawbacks.

• 1: clang,
  • 2: not survivor world friendly,
  • 3: not compact, breaks easily,
  • 4: not as good as traditional wheels.

The solution to this would be the creation to a tank track block or blocks. The SE community would go WILD with the potential of this.

This block could be used as an alternative to the wheel block and would function differently. Here is a list of the potential advantages and disadvantages to using the tank track over the wheel:

Advantage of the tank track block:

• Can traverse rough terrain easier
  • More torque
  • tighter turning
  • more surface area grip
  • more hit points

Disadvantages to the tank track block:

• slower
  • more expensive
  • uses more power

3: Targeting Missiles. Not going to lie, when I saw the Warfare 2 teaser trailer with the introduction to locking on, I thought Keen has introduced lock on missiles. I think a well balanced missile bock would be a great new addition to combat in SE. Here are some balancing ideas for this weapon:

• Lock on missile is slower than current in-game missiles.
  • Lock-on Missiles turn radius is small.
  • Lock-on Missile has a limited range of 2km.
  • players will be notified of incoming lock-on missile if they are sitting in a grid with a cockpit.
  • After launch, missile won't start tracking until after 200m.
  • Lock-on Missile block fires only 1 missile (as apposed to 4).
  • Lock-on Missiles do more damage than current missiles.
  • Lock-on missile is more expensive, requiring detection components and superconductors.
  • Turret priorities incoming missiles over any other block (like decoys).
  • decoys interrupt lock-on.

4: Flares. Similar function to decoys. Flares are ammunition launch out of a flare gun block that can detour enemy missiles and turrets for a brief time. Balancing ideas for flares:

• Flares have fit points like decoys.
  • Flares only burn for a few seconds making timing of launch necessary.
  • Counter to Lock-on missile block idea

5: Interior gun block for small ships: Essentially, take the interior turret block and turn into into a small ship block weapon, like the gatling gun block or the rocket pod block. This block would be utter trash against amour but decent against engineers and mobs. Essential it's a poor mans gatling gun block.

Thank you, I hope Marek Rosa sees this!

Peace

Replies (1)

photo

I support thist 100%.

Nicely written, i´d only add a 1x1 connector, so we could fuel the aforementioned tracked vehicles with new flight seats :D

Leave a Comment

Attach a file