This object is in archive! 

Better camera options for player made turrets

Michael Lattimore shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

There's another post for the crazy amount of smoke obscuring turrets and larger direct-fire weapons. But there's ANOTHER issue.

The standard camera isn't cutting it. The first thing missing is a set of crosshairs/aiming rectical. Understandibly, players decide where the camera goes in relation to their weapons. So accuracy is going to depend on their builds. But that would be better than nothing.

Next, the standard camera has a degraded view by design. I'm not even sure why that is. But for targeting other ships this is just terrible.

I'd like a "Targeting Camera" with at least the above features. If it's a balance thing, then have it only accessible from the Turret Controller Block.

Oh, and yes, fix the smoke... Smokey... and you know this... man...

Replies (1)

photo

A cool fix could be to add a new control option for cameras where you have a dropdown option where you can pick from a few camera overlays.

Then you could have the option to select clear overlay ore a one with a crosshairs.

But could also add more advanced crossair with ranging makers for different guns or the option run one of the lcd scripts.

(I use Whip's camera overlay plug to replace the vanilla look. So even if you on a vanilla server you can replace the vanilla camera overlay. Or you could just add a transparent LCD in front of the camera with a crosshair on it)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file