This object is in archive! 

Armor Decals

Dying Dark Star shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Hi I would like to request some armor skins be turned into "armor decals", (moss, rust, dust and frozen) and allow the weather system use them, and have weather types apply them. This would pave the way for a more immersive experience with the weather, and some cool systems that modders could take advantage of. The one mod that comes to mind is the "Rust Mechanics" mod it would greatly benefit this.

On top of that it would allow for greater customization, like allowing us to basically have/make rusty bartered armor or dusty sci-fi armor.

this also would work great in combination with this too: https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/more-then-one-armor-skin-on-a-block

thank you for reading and I hope this will get add into the game.

Replies (1)

photo

Good idea, although I would prefer them not touch the existing skins. Instead, add new armor decals for battle damage, rust, weathering, etc., which could be applied by the game environment and by players.

photo

I would imagine they would compensate moving those skins to decals with new skins.

I would also imagine they would allow us to apply and remove decals (on blocks) so we would essentially not be losing/losing access those "skins" they would have different classification and be applied differently then the regular skins that's all.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file