This object is in archive! 

Custom Turret Block range increase

Balogh Ferenc shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

just have the CTC gave bigger range

i just dont understand why the limit is 600/800m when the small grid assault cannon is 1400m and the large grid railgun; artillery cannon is both 2000m

if this does get added they could maybe add extra power usage (since it does more calculations)

(prolly someone else submitted something like this, but for the love of god i couldn't find anything about increasing the range of CTCs)

Replies (3)

photo

yes. I 100% agree, 800m is fine for a custom gatling turret, but for a rail gun turret? its very impractical and useless.

photo

The point is to lock on and copy target, then it will fire as range permits.

photo
photo

Totally do NOT agree,

the thing is, if you put the auto aim range above 800m, all turrets with that max range pretty much get useless, because they could get picked off from weapons that have higher auto aim range, not being able to fire back. Now you probably say that you can fire at them at higher range anyways, but not without having them locked on in your aim circle first or with your non-turret weapons on the ship, which usually only make up a fraction of your whole weaponry - otherwise your ship would look pretty weird.

All things considered, i think this is a nice balancing of things

photo

Also it still makes sense to use artillery and railguns, since they have much more damage output

Leave a Comment

Attach a file