This object is in archive! 

[Suggestion] Increase Projectile Range & Locking range in vanilla

Abyzmi shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

2 KM is not far enough. I vote we bring projectile range out to 10 KM and locking range to 5 KM.

If a target is within visible range (default is 15 KM for loading grids) then you have 5 KM to react to them, and you can shoot at them inaccurately at 10KM and within 5 KM, you have auto-tracking.

As it is now. with a 2 KM range, my ship begins to lock, and by the time it's done locking on, the enemy ship is at 800 meters anyway and the turret auto-AI opens fire. There is no time to even gain a real target lock before the ship starts firing anyway, so I can't engage at long range.

Increase projectile range to 10 KM and locking range to 5 KM.

kthx

Replies (3)

photo

Projectile Velocity plays into this and they ought to be faster (e.g. > 500 m/s). Missile ought to have an acceleration of something like 100 m/s/s and fuel for 5 - 10 sec.

photo

i feel like the range of CTC's should be increased to atleast 1400 (assault cannons range) because you're just straight up better off spamming turrets (if you want to fight at longer ranges)

photo

I think range should be increased by special detection blocks. A detector that increases detection range of other vessels and a dampener that reduces the detection range of your vessel. While I agree that range should be increased, and even doubled, I think it is better to be smart about this.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file