This object is in archive! 

Exiting cockpits/control seats using SHIFT+F instead of just F

Michael Lattimore shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

With the advent of the turret controller block and frantically controlling turrets, then backing out a couple of steps with the F key, it's entirely possible to see your way out of a control seat or, worse, a cockpit in the heat of battle.

It seems F is used for a lot of things, including some of the colorful language I tend to utter when I do the above.

Using F to enter the cockpit/seat etc. is pretty normal and fine. That can stay the same. But using SHIFT+F would be a much more deliberate action. While it would take a little while for the key combination to become muscle memory, it would save a lot of grief in the long run.

It could also be used to instantly eject yourself, no matter how deep you are into turret controller, remote, or any other sub-system.

I hope it's doable in a future update.

Thanks!

Replies (2)

photo

This feels like one of those 'Yeah, I'd at least like the option to do it' things.

photo

If they could figure out a way to do this for anything that falls in the IMyShipController API interface that would be awesome. But yes, make it optional so that the old way of doing things still works as well. Like a checkbox in options that says "Use SHIFT+F to exit cockpits" But it defaults unchecked.

photo
photo

An alternate is the way ARK eventually handled it (IIRC). They had the exact same problem. Accidentally tap the "use" key during a battle or while flying your pteranodon and you plummet to your death.

They switched to a long-press of the key for the "exit the saddle". It's not a very long press either, just long enough to not be a "tap" of the key.

Either way, you have my vote.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file