This object is in archive! 

Add dispersion options to block weapons/turrets; as well as "whole target" targeting.

Aether Tech shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Suggestion to add the option for additional dispersion to weapons. Most of them are just laser beams, which feels unnatural, and lets weapons punch through armor and other blocks way to quickly.

Adding some measure of random dispersion pattern to weapons would, in my opinion, would improve combat both visually, as well as functionally. I would suggest a slider set in cm of dispersion per m (cm/m) that goes from 0 (base dispersion like what it feels like now,) all the way up to something like 50 cm of random dispersion per meter or so (so people can play with extremely worn out barrels if they like.)

As is, weapons are just laser beam accurate.

Additionally, because weapons target specific blocks, other weapons, power, or such - fights tend to devolve into quickly as only specific parts of ships get quickly destroyed. An option for more 'randomized' target selection, would be appreciated to make combat more popular-sci-fi like.

Thanks.

Replies (1)

photo

The only weapons in the game right now with zero deviation are railguns, and even those are affected by gravity drop. So, no, SE's weapons are by no means laser-beam accurate, something you can very easily confirm for yourself by setting up a test grid with weapons set to continuously shoot and watching their impact pattern.

Are you really asking for a parameter to intentionally worsen the accuracy of your own weapons? I could understand if you wanted a way to jam or disturb an opponent's weapon system to reduce the chance of you yourself getting hit, but to voluntarily shoot worse … the only application for that I could think of was Star Wars stormtrooper reenactment, and even that should rather be scripted and controlled with modded weapons than a dedicated function devised, coded, tested, and delivered with the vanilla game.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file