This object is in archive! 

Ryan's Decorative/Functional Block Ideas (#1)

Ryan Harris shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello fellow Engineers,

I was bored and thought of some ideas for additional decorative and functional blocks which I would want to see added to SE, and some things that I think are missing:

1. Passage Wall - Basically an Interior Wall which is themed to match each of the designs for the Passage (1-3) blocks.

2. New Planters - Additional planters. Cornered, rounded/cylindrical, perhaps a planter that takes up 2 blocks. Something to make interiors look more lively, and to make planters look less like empty fish tanks.

3. Large Ejector - Don't get me wrong, I'm doing just fine attaching small grids to my mining platforms for ejecting things, but a cool-looking ejector for large grids would be nice too.

4. 2x1 Grated Stairs - Grated stairs with a larger slope. Simple enough.

5. Station Console - A control seat for large ships and stations for accessing the grid's systems. Basically a redesign of the control seat, but with monitors that span length-wise. The console would be placed along the walls of a station, similar to desks or custom turret controllers. Just a neat-looking way of managing your grid.

6. 2x1 Console Block - Just a console block which is twice as big so it takes up more room. I only mention this because any "hologram" I project is preferably pretty large in size, and the shape of most ships (especially larger ones) are longer than they are wide (roughly 2x1 in shape). This means I have a choice - either a smaller "hologram" which sits above the 1x1 console block, or put 2 console blocks together so a larger "hologram" can sit above them both. Does this make sense?

Just a short list of things I've thought about while enjoying the new update. In my opinion, the "passage wall" would be my top request of this list. Tell me your thoughts below!

Thanks,

A long-time Space Engineer

Replies (1)

photo

You don't need to use a small grid ejector for large grids! Use the Connector.

Just build a Sorter with a Connector connected to it. The you dedicate the Connector to Ejector duty by enable "Collect All" and "Throw Out" in the control panel.

(And one sorter can handle the output of three ejectors so you don't need a sorter for every ejector just some extra conveyors)

photo

You could have at least liked the thread.

photo

But yes, turns out this works great too

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file