This object is in archive! 

Manually Select a Custom Turret Controller, Targeting Reference

Dying Dark Star shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Hi Right now the Custom Turret Controller randomly selects a targeting reference, Like for example on a turret I have 3 railguns on a turret and they are right beside each other, but the CTC selects the left one this could lead to inaccuracies in the targeting, and there is no way of selecting the middle railgun or the camera as the targeting reference.

I would like to request that a manual selecting option for the target reference be implemented so we can have more control over our Custom Turrets.

Best Answer
photo

I meant "Aiming" not "targeting"

Replies (4)

photo

I meant "Aiming" not "targeting"

photo

Manually being able to set the aiming reference might help stop custom turrets from damaging their own ship, which mine seems to do at times because of the weapon it's using as an aiming reference. (The weapon it picks is one of the highest, which means the lowest I think are hitting the hull due to bad aim.)

photo

Maybe could enable use the Custom data field to edit amining reference?

Hava a tank with two Assault Cannons in custom turret were the cannons is always shooting to low because it has Autocannon Turret on top that it select has amining reference instead of the camera in between the two cannons. So i gaining a target 200m+ will completely miss with AI enabled.

photo
photo

Would really like this feature, when I started working with the custom turret controller I wondered right away why it didn't exist.

This would allow us to force use a camera as an aiming reference. As a result we get a much more useful, and easy, placement of our aiming reference. (Cameras can already be aiming refrences, so no new programming there.)

photo

I would have assumed that camera as aiming reference is actually default behavior. Why it isn't?

photo
photo

I found a workaround for this. The Turret will use the alphabetically first block name as aiming reference. So just give the weapon/camera you want to use as aiming reference a symbol ahead of its name to ensure it's used.

photo

It just would be nice if such workaround wasn't needed. After all, especially in vanilla, it takes a lot of faffing to find which physical block is which block as listed in the terminal. And it gets worse when there are multiple similar custom turrets on the same overall grid.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file