This object is in archive! 

Small and Large grids connected

Dying Dark Star shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

So right now you can only have a large and small grid connected is through rotors. This can make ships unstable and or some bugs and glitches can occur and over all annoying to deal with (and not to mention on how limiting it is) there have been a lot of improvements yes but not practical.

So how would I solve this? well simply have Small and Large grids place able on each other (and this is definitely different from compound blocks) i.e. add small grid mounting points to large grid blocks.

lets use the normal large grid armor block (i.e. the cube block heavy or light doesn't matter) as for an example, now if you if you measure the large grid block with the small grid version it will be perfectly 5x5 small grid blocks. Now having that in mind you could basically add 5x5 small grid mounting points to that large grid block.

So if this was in the game what would the use for this function be? The use would give the player the ability to make more detailed in & exteriors of bases, ships and stations but not just that for more technical builds, it would cut down on a lot of the bloated size of some builds for timers and pb blocks. For example so where 1 large grid timer would be there could be 25 small grid timers.

(also this could possibly help with compound blocks maybe)

here's a link to an example build that could use this feature and can be applied other similar builds https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768803096 on this build if you go to the CIC part of the ship it would benefit greatly as well with the bridge.

Thank you for reading this I tried my best to convey it as clearly as possible as I could, but I do hope this feature gets implemented and I strongly believe the game will befit heavily from this feature. if you feel the same please vote this.

Replies (1)

photo

I don't know how easy it is to move features between Medieval Engineers and Space Engineers, but Medieval Engineers already has this. Having the same ability to attach small grid blocks to large grid blocks would make many more options for builds.

photo

ME has quite few interesting features that are sorely missing in SE.

Both small and large blocks in one grid, block compounding, food and farming ...

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file