This object is in archive! 

AmmoMagazine Explosions : Configuration Access Request

Kreeg shared this feedback 2 years ago
Completed

Greetings, per the Warfare-II Update bringing AmmoMagazine Items exploding with the size \ scale \ power of the explosion being tied to volume , there is a notable lack of any settings available to modders to control the explosion.

We currently can't disable, enhance, or reduce the explosion ; its entirely based on volume which is a value that determines how much ammo can fit into turrets, cargo containers, having that control the explosive power is a bit of a balance nightmare.

As any large shell even if inert (such as your own sabot) would explode while smaller magazines would not - even if they're HE shells.

As such, please allow some controls on the magazine such as those you have provided for Tanks (Hydrogen Tanks as an example)

It has been noticed, that it would be quite simple to detect - and the Hydrogen Tank explosions show it is easily exposed.

Much appreciated in Advance.

Replies (5)

photo

Please add this. The balance of my weapon mod is now in the trash because of this change... any ship using my weapons is now a flying powder keg and wont last 2 secs in a fight.

photo

I would very much appreciate the change or option, even if it has to be a server config option.

photo

This would absolutely help with running community servers developed around PVP

photo

This desperately needs to be a thing. People should be able to adjust the explosion damage of ammos to our liking or even turn the exploding ammo thing off if we want. I despise ammo racking in every game that has it and do not like this change being forced on me with no way to adjust it or disable it. While ammo exploding may be a thing that can happen in real life, it's not a very fun mechanic and folks like myself should be able to disable it if we want, and those who want exploding ammo should be able to adjust it to their liking. It also makes no sense that a railgun sabot would explode given that it's supposed to be just a giant hunk of metal. Something like exploding ammo that has the ability to massively effect balance and ship builds should have came with the ability to be disabled or altered based on individual playstyles, servers and needs. I enjoy this game quite a bit and hope this issue will be corrected very soon.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file