This object is in archive! 

Match AI aiming radius of all the turrets to their corresponding range

Easypoll X shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello, i started a steam discussion and one developer suggested me to write here.

As the title suggests, i'm happy with the additions of new weapons but i think it's disappointing to see that the AI can't use them properly, if both me and the AI have an artillery turret we should be on even grounds and we should both be able to shoot at 2km which is one of the benefits of having an artillery turret, making the player the only one who is able to benefit from the various weapon's ranges is PVE and immersion breaking for me.

Replies (2)

photo

This. AI needs to either be implemented in the first place for grids in the form of a brain block that can make decisions such as when to target lock an enemy grid and maneuver itself (highly preferable) or the easy way which is yours.

photo

I suggest putting a toggle in the world options, since the way it works right now I think gives a little bit more depth to PVP combat, since to use the full range you have to lock on. Another way to implement this is simply updating the cargo ship's AI code to be able to lock on to players, like players can lock on to them, enabling the full range of the weapon to be used. So fixing this PVE problem does not actually require increasing the turret's AI aiming radius, but adding capabilities to the cargo ship's AI.

btw: since the update has been out for just a few days maybe you are not aware of the fact that when you lock on to other ships your turret will start firing even if the enemy is more than 800 m away (if the projectile of the gun you have on your ship have enough range)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file