This object is in archive! 

People getting permabanned from community on Steam for bogus reasons

Kerry Freeman shared this feedback 2 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Hello, I'd like to report that your Steam moderators have been misbehaving; playing favorites and permanently banning people for no reason whatsoever other than "he complained against my favorite mod/content/creator".

This prevents the banned people from utilizing the Steam Workshop feature to share their builds and worlds, something which is the whole point of the game.

A couple of days ago, I correctly reported a popular Workshop mod called WeaponCore to Steam based on their false advertising of being a "total rework of the Space Engineers combat experience" when they don't even support vanilla weapons and instead require a submod to replace them with compatible versions. This false advertising of mods is a clear violation of the Steam terms of service.

I was henceforth permanently banned from the community for, and I quote, "Violation of community code of conduct. Abused report feature." I in fact reported the mod correctly.

I also wish to say that Keen selected Darkstar and the WeaponCore developers as helpers for Warfare 2 wrongly, since they cannot even develop a mod that allows the use of the vanilla weapons without replacing them. They also claim to be a total rework of weapon and combat, but do not include support for custom weapons that were already on the workshop, instead requiring them to be completely rebuilt to support the WeaponCore architecture. If you attempt to use a non-WC weapon with WC, the entire combat system becomes broken.

Additionally, according to your moderators and DarkStar himself on the developer blog webpage, DarkStar and team only supported the developer team for their own selfish reasons: They only want to improve their own mod and not the base game. They do not care about the community whatsoever.

But that is another topic entirely.

Replies (3)

photo

Bump

photo

Bump

photo

You come across as really salty.

photo

For a reason. I mean, I have over 800 hours in the game, and multiple creations that I spent those hours on.

Then I get banned for no reason. I mean, wouldn't YOU be salty if that had happened after all your time in a game?

photo

Whether I did or I didn't, this isn't the place I'd raise the issue. This place is for feedback on the game, not the staff.

photo

This is a Keen Software House forum. The person who banned me is a staff member working on the game Space Engineers.

I don't see why the feedback isn't applicable for both Keen and SE.

photo

It's for SE if you're in this section. For other games you can click Medieval Engineers or Miner Wars. The person who banned you doesn't work on Space Engineers; the "developer" rank is required on Steam for technical reasons.

I'd recommend you use their email address, since you're making a complaint about staff, rather than feedback about the game. It's in the contact page on this site.

photo

I've done both. I'm currently in a conversation with Kienata (Erin Truitt) about it.

Considering this particular person works for Keen and banned me from SE, the complaint is about both Keen and SE.

I wouldn't be the first to complain about Keen Software House's moderation team here on the forums.

photo

You won't be the last, either. It still isn't the right place. Talking to Kienata is probably a good idea; bringing it here wasn't.

photo

And why not? That's what I'm asking you, Mr. Ronald - Why not bring it here?

photo

Because here, it's off-topic noise.

photo

I disagree, Brian. It's about the ban policy and it looks bad for KSH to have such a person on their team. The specific community I was banned from is SE, so that's why I put it in the SE section.

It's not off-topic noise. It's related to the SE community and how it's governed. I post here to not only let Keen know, but the players know. If they want to avoid games with a toxic moderation team, then this thread will inform them.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file