Pressing F on LCDs / text panels

Mythos shared this feedback 2 years ago
Submitted

Currently there are 3 options when pressing F while staring at a LCD / text panel, when the yellow outline does (not) appear:

• You own the LCD or owner shared access, you see the yellow outline, you press F and get a dialog window with a text edit, being able to change the text
  • You don't have access to the LCD, but are friendly/neutral, you see the yellow outline, can press F and get a dialog window with more of a label type, can read but not change text
  • You don't have access to the LCD, and are enemy, there is no yellow outline, pressing F does nothing

First, why do we need the third option? You can read the text on the surface anyway (unless it is black text on black background or similar). Reading in the dialog box just helps with readability, because the bloom effect on the surface is distracting most of the time.

My main point is about sharing information, like GPS coords to my faction or anyone. Here I want the reader to be able to select and copy text, which is only possible in the text edit version, not for text that is just a label type. This forces me to share access, and allows them to change and mess up the text. I just need F to show a dialog window with a text edit in every case, and the access toggles the readonly property on that.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file