Quality of Life improvements (Mostly Creative mode)

John Smith shared this feedback 2 years ago
Submitted

These ideas are minor at best, but they would speed up building substantially - especially for a clumsy Space Engineers such as myself.

1) "Save/Load config" for a part. Allows easy duplication of, say, pilot seats. I've accidentally deleted the bottom of my seat and had to replace all the hotbars so many times it's cruel. Could work using either clipboard (maybe allowing sharing, like with GPS?) or a section like blueprints (unlikely, but I don't know how KSH would handle this)

2) (Creative Only) Ignore Physics admin option. Applies to any grid (like Stop, Depower etc.), said grid becomes completely static and won't break apart or move, even if cut in half. Makes changing a part or adding a layer to a build easier if there's an orientation-specific block (like a light or control seat) touching it

3) (Creative Only) Change (X) to (Y). Basically an application of (2). Changes one block of size 'x' to any other block of size 'x'. Accessible without admin, but requires creative mode. Keeps any configuration unless it doesn't apply to the target item. Example usage: Changing light armour to heavy armour, changing control seats to flight seats (but loses LCD data for all terminals save the main one) and vice-versa (which would only have the first LCD work - the others would all be in their default state)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file