A story / campaign would be nice

Radittsu Bardock shared this feedback 2 years ago
Submitted

Dear Sirs / Madams,

On Erin's suggestion I hereby send you a feedback. As I described it in my Steam Review, the game is nice but far too sandbox (to me).

What I would LOVE to see is a (at least short & casual) story:

Starting by being stuck on an asteroid or moon with a crashed & dead ship. The goal to reach & land on the planet it orbits, settle (i.e. set up a base / "survival camp"), find clues for whatever, like, a lost puppy or anything (likely one was on this mission before the crash), then discover the galaxy to find & rescue the little boy. Boom, win.

I was looking for something as little as this, since day one as the game is far too sandbox to me. Even the most sandbox thing, Minecraft has things to progress with and an option to 'beat the game' (Ender Dragon).

I really enjoy having a plan and a goal along with a story and it's not super difficult to implement. There could be several campaigns, maybe even as DLCs. The game has a lot of unmined potential.

I strongly believe there's a lot of people out there waiting for something like this. Just a campaign and some minimal background on why the world is what it is (why am I getting attacked randomly by some random stuff coming from nowhere and for no apparent reason, for example).

And again, a planet, a moon and some asteroids. All this on one map... Didn't check the game lately but last time I did it was either asteroids OR a planet. Silly.

Thanks for reading this!

Replies (1)

photo

You need to check the game, then.

You can already have one map with planets, moons, AND asteroids.

There are several scenarios you can play included with the game. First Jump, Learning to Survive, Never Surrender, Lost Colony, Frostbite, and Scrap Race are all scenarios with some sort of "direction." Some are more mechanics-driven, and a few are more narrative-driven.

Hopefully you'll like those :)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file