No up to date instructions/help

Robert Parsons shared this feedback 2 years ago
Submitted

I have owned this game for several years and have not yet been able to get anywhere past the most basic first part of the game, because I usually die.

The tutorials are worthless as the menus shown no longer exist. When you start a new game all the tutorials have you in an escape pod style set up but now when you start a new game you get a vehicle and this renders all the help worthless. You cannot translate what they are doing to a car.

So the game does not have a usable help/tutorial/instructions.

When you start on a planet it most often puts you in an unusable position eg: land on slope and roll over and over, pod heavily damaged or destroyed, hit re-spawn and it puts you in exactly the same spot so delete that one, go back and re-do all your choices again and you get a different drop point this time but same end result, do it all again, I created and deleted planets 10's of times but still no luck.

The community have not been able to help though they sure did try. They agree new users are pretty much screwed.

I want very much to be able to play this game so please put up a up to date new user system.

Here is my suggestion to ease a player into the game.

Spawn: Only in Pod as the user created help mostly use the Pod for a starting point. Having a vehicle is useless start.

Start: Earth type world (easier than space by far) A new player world specifically for training with the game system, not a generated world with random landing spot as it, more than 80% of the time, puts you somewhere un-usable. So you must start again. I have been through this so many times. (One world only had ice and stone no other resources at all!)

Landing spot: Pre-defined (Flat with resources close at hand)

This game could be really good if you made it possible for a new player to get a grip on the game and how it works.

I'll keep my fingers crossed but don't hold much hope (other users have said they have been requesting this for new users for years but have met a wall of disinterest)

I hope you can hear me

Goodbye

Leave a Comment

Attach a file