This object is in archive! 

National badges

Petr Lebl shared this feedback 5 years ago
Not Enough Votes

Hi, I would like to ask if space engineers gets national flags on shoulders which is the most visible characteristics for astronauts of human race.. thank you Even if you save it for DLC.

Replies (5)

photo

Only if it is optional ;-)

photo

Sure, i cant imagine something non-optional in this game.. stop with this obsession

photo

I couldn't agree more about stop implementing everything as optional stuff.

I do not like going through a long long list of optionals when creating a new save. A few important optionals is fine, like block destrution pn/off, but 15+ is making it difficult to just remember them all.

photo
photo

Hi, This sounds like good customisation feature, We will think about it. Thanks

photo

Interesting idea... BUT. TBH.. we are all in space. We are all citizens of space. It is the future. It took cooperation and determination to overcome the obstacles to get to space. We are a long way from the real Earth. We have no idea what the status of Earth is. Is it still there, if so, what is the political situation? I don't know about you, but I play the game partially to get away from Earth, its politics, and biases.

While I believe in Nationalistic pride, I do not believe it truly has a place here in the SE gaming community. Just my opinion. You are entitled to yours and if it becomes a game feature... We'll see.. However, as it sits now, you can log into other MP games where you can see nationalities and it becomes a buzz of crude and rude comments against others.

Example:

"#@$$'ng (insert nation or race here) are a bunch of hackers or griefers"

It encourages actions where same nationality players bond together to attack other nationalities, blame the others for hacking, and generally bait others for a response.

As I see it, we are all citizens of space.. Please think this one through before implementing. There are many other ways and games to show your pride and wear your Countries flag. I feel it is not in the best interest for KEEN to implement. Maybe if someone wants it, then it could be a player made mod.

photo

You make a good point, and plus it gets to the point of people teaming based on Nation, which means people would have two factions rather than the already implemented faction system.

photo

Why not simply make Faction flags then? It would be a good in-game way to instantly announce your affiliation without having to change your suit color or relying on antenna broadcast . Also, I'd really like to upload my own flag file into the game like in KSP.

photo

If you want to do that at this moment, download Whip's image to LCD converter. I use it a lot for fun, and just putting pictures in my base.

photo
photo

Faction icon as a shoulder patch would be more fitting for SE.

Earth-nationalities does not fit in well in SE. Factions do.

photo

I'm against using anything that represents current national identities... like flags. Not every nation gets along with every other nation. Flags can introduce a lot of non-game, real world politics into the game and I would find that bad for community game play. I can think of several examples of two different flags being present in the game and someone bringing their ideology with it. It's something I think Keen shouldn't officially support.

photo

That is debatable.

In short, it depends on whether the people that plays together are dicks or not.

If not, then even players from 'enemy' countries can have a good time together, becoming friends ...

If they are dicks, nothing will save you - if they are nationalistic dicks, they would probably paint their ship in their national colors anyway, so badge won't be that important for them.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file