New update and dlc feedback

Tyrenol shared this feedback 2 years ago
Submitted

Hey there, i bought the new dlc and im kinda dissapointed because of some things in the update and dlc.

1. The new passage ways should be free for everyone, it just seems like you gave the community a incomplete set of blocks that you need to buy to get a complete set.

2. Please re-add the old assualt rifle and give the machinegun and sniper new models instead of a reskin.

3. The new embrasure block is useless because the shooting port isnt at the right height. If this is for balance reasons then that is a bad balance because its possible to get to the right height by putting down some small grid blocks.

4. Player weapons like rifles shouldnt be able to deform and easily destroy heavy (small grid) armor, this defeats the use of the rocket launcher or ship weapon, against armored rovers and stuff like that.

Replies (3)

photo

I agree with everything here. Especially the passages. The vanilla ones are useless, unless you want to make a straight, un-lit corridor.

photo

I absolutely agree with the first point!!!

photo

I disagree with the first two of the four issues raised by the OP, and agree with the last issue.

1. The new passage ways should be free for everyone, it just seems like you gave the community a incomplete set of blocks that you need to buy to get a complete set.

The new passage blocks add nothing to the game that existing vanilla blocks don't already have. Airtightness? Vanilla passage blocks have that. Even the four-way (as was mentioned in another issue) is effectively no different than a catwalk placed on the ceiling. There is no reason to move the DLC passage blocks to the vanilla game.

2. Please re-add the old assualt rifle and give the machinegun and sniper new models instead of a reskin.

No issue is mentioned here. Some people have mentioned the reduction in damage to grids, but that is an intentional balance decision made by Keen. If the old rifle remained, it would absolutely do less damage to grids as well. The request for different models instead of reskinning, is odd. Unless the rifle model is radically different, that's all a "new model" is anyway -- a skin.

Also, why? Remember, any time spent by the developers (or artists) working on a replacement model or skin for an existing weapon, is time that they aren't working on updates, bugfixes, or new items. Personally, I'd rather the updates, bugfixes, and new items, rather than a rifle model that is slightly different from the otherwise already new rifle models they gave us.

3. The new embrasure block is useless because the shooting port isnt at the right height. If this is for balance reasons then that is a bad balance because its possible to get to the right height by putting down some small grid blocks.

I don't know about the shooting port complaint, as I haven't used them yet.

On the one hand, having full cover and being able to shoot is distinct advantage to players, so that could be the basis of an argument that the block should be in vanilla. However, non-DLC owners can still use the blocks in-game and on the maps. The only thing these players cannot do, is build them. This is the same with all DLC blocks. So, I don't see that it's really that much of a game-changer or that it supports the pay-to-win argument.

4. Player weapons like rifles shouldnt be able to deform and easily destroy heavy (small grid) armor, this defeats the use of the rocket launcher or ship weapon, against armored rovers and stuff like that.

Yes, I completely agree. The character hand weapons should not be overly effective against grids, especially "heavy armor" block. The rockets should dominate the character-held-anti-grid-weapon space.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file