Take over NPC stations

Waagenator shared this feedback 2 years ago
Submitted

Here's the idea.

Players should be able to 'take control' of the NPC stations, and take ownership of it for a limited period, with various benefits.

How?

- I propose that each station has a weekly timer, where each station is vulnerable to 'capture' for a specific time period. For example, one particularly station may be vulnerable each Monday between 3 - 4 PM UTC. Each station would have a different time. During this time the safe zone will not be present.

During that time, players can try to capture or defend their station, through either a "king of the hill" method, or simply a terminal inside the station which must be hacked. If your faction is the only one in the zone when the timer ends, then you take control of that station.

Why?

A few big benefits IMO

- Passive generation of income or zone chips

- Set prices or missions

- Opportunity for fair and consensual PVP

Conclusion

I think this is a great opportunity for added gameplay to the public servers. This will create a concept of 'territory' that you can attack or defend. Think about spending a week planning and building to attack a particular station, space or ground. The players who want more player interaction will have the opportunity, those that don't want to participate won't have to.

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file