Small grid gravity generator

Jack Menzies shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

Now that we have small grid pressurisation and doors, it seems that the next needed feature for small grids is artificial gravity. This would eliminate the need for mag boots in small grids with interiors, and also running on the walls when it is not desired.

My idea for this block would act the same as the large grid gravity generator, just with a smaller area of effect, and probably be a 3x3x3 block for small grids.

For balancing, I would make artificial mass blocks ignore gravity generators on the same grid. This would stop gravity drives being made which would bypass the need for thrusters (although it would be interesting to try)

Replies (3)

photo

Please add I’ve always liked trying to make small ships but hate no gravity sometimes

photo

This would be nice. Especially for blueprints that are based on fictional IP vehicles, such as from 'Star Trek' and or 'Star Wars' where they have small vehicles (which can only be built in 'small grid' format) that has some type of artificial gravity technology. In most cases use 'gravity deck plating' or the like.

A few times now, I've had to reserve a significant amount of internal space of my 'small grid' builds for a 'small grid Connector' a 'large grid Connector' and the 'Gravity Generator.'

Again, I agree. An official/vanilla 'small grid Gravity Generator' would be nice from Keen.

photo

You lost me when you said make it so gravity generators don’t affect mass blocks on the same grid

Leave a Comment

Attach a file