More Solar Panels

Julian France shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

I think that along with the lack of weapon variety, the lack of solar panel sizes are really annoying. It shouldn't be too hard to add more sizes for large ships and small alike, as only having the one size at 2x4 is pretty limiting.

There have been many situations where i find myself trying to squeeze in a solar panel somewhere, only to be told off by the one size. Having panels that are made to sit flat against a ship would also be handy. And yes, this would mean more blocks, but this could also be remedied by possibly having some kind of advance build mode, which would enable/disable certain non-crucial blocks as to help with performance, as well as remove some confusion for new players.

Anyway, just a thought. I would think that solar panels should be pretty important to a game like this, considering that pretty much ALL spacecraft we have put into orbit make use of them.

Thanks for considering,

Replies (5)

photo

Maybe the most flexible solution would be an 1x1 'tile' of solar panel to cover ships surface with it where we prefer. Kind of solar panel plate.

photo

I like that Solar plate idea... like the steel catwalk plates, with merging edges to create a seamless panel. KSH of course already "has too many blocks" in space engineers, thereby making it "too complex" so... I wouldn't get hopes up for any new blocks. Certainly not useful ones.

photo

I'm also dying to have different solar panels, particularly small ones, to build drones, or use it for emergency grid power.

The single solar panel we have is really way to big for many applications, even if you just wanted to build a normal small rover or small ship...

photo

That is precisely the problem i have. I really wish that at least in the future, Keen will cater to the wants of the experienced, original player base as best they can rather than new purchasers. I understand the need to make it as easy as possible, but we are the people that supported them from the beginning.

photo
photo

There are a few suggestions for more solar panel options... And I could really use them; solar powered hydro is the cheapest way to go through space that I know of, thanks to the rarity of uranium and the refinement time of platinum.

photo

I agree that the current sizes are limiting.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file