New update ideas (Weapons, Transport, QoL):

Petr Borovička shared this feedback 3 years ago
Submitted

New weapons

1. Small and large grid canon platforms with bare model being only the gun with ports for connecting to containers and a base platform from which you could build the turrets outer hull. (You could add a new calibre of ammo from 50. BMG, 40 mm and even some large calibre shells. It would ease up the servers because it would act in the same way as a vanilla turret (instead of the large custom turrets), yet it would allow a customization of sorts (only around the non building part.
    - Smallgrids could only use the first two types to ensure that players wouldnt abuse it by making giant abomination guns on one small block.
  2. New guns - Imagine that you would only carry a pistol as an officer, while strolling through your air-tight interior of a ship in uniform (not space suit - see below). Another guns to add would be for example: a) Light machine gun (taking a lot more inventory space contrary to the pistol - could use the same item and model of box ammunition in vanilla SE for magazines) b) carbine ( lighter that the standard SE rifle - using pistol round clips)

New qualities of life:

- I don't think there should be hunger or thirst (could be eventually added in another update but im not a fan personally).

- I'm imagining somethink like:

1) Being able to customize your engineer (face and body)

2) Add an option of checking a box in armory (Would be useful block now XD), so that you could pick between a standard uniform (could be colored just like space suit) and some basic sleeping attire (thinking of undershirt and shorts - both colorable) + there could be additional checking option for combat space suit which would provide more armor against bullets, but you'd accelerate a lot slower. This could be accesible through a higher tier armory (same model, just marked like different SE Vanilla guns)

- Think of the endless scenarions and the immersion. + Air-tight space is now actually really important and you cant solve it just with pressing J and camp at medbay/survival kit.

=> Alternatively, this could all be put inside medic bay, but relocating it to armory is adding more variety to the game.

New type of transport:

1. Tracks (LIKE SERIOUSLY) - This would go oh so well with new weapon update since you could easily build up some basic tanks (even APCs) or tank drones in vanilla ! A LOT of people playing this game would be happy. Now imagine that the tracks would be quite pricey and possibly a bit slower, but be more useful on harsh and steep terrain (just like in real life) at the same time.
    How to do it ?
    a) Special tank track wheels (in 3 sizes and 2 variants) marking where the track should begin and end. (While generating a track between them) => more customization
    Example: In an attached file
    b) 3 or more differen sizes and types of tracks for each grid (1x1 and so on)

2.Multidrive or updating old jump drive - new type or reworking of jump drive that could be connected between separate grids and would give the possibility to jup to one location with an entire fleet. (Presuming you would receive a notification if you want to jump, just like now.)

Sorry for so much text and the quality of track example. ( I'm not so competent in modeling programs and these were ideas i had for a long time and needed to express somewhere). I hope it's understandable as English isn't my first language.

EDIT: Grammar and polishing

Replies (1)

photo

This would be amazing. It would also be cool to have train tracks for Malevolence style interior trains on ships.

photo

Exactly :D

Lets see what they have in store for us with this new upcoming weapons update! (Hopefully, you could get some of those tracks and train tracks in next update :D)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file