Tech Tree?

Orion Gamers shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

Would SE benefit from a Tech Tree something like >> This <<

IMO it would make survival more In-depth as it would require you to essentially learn new items and force actual survival.

The way the mod has it being able to be learned is Via Command after Refining the Ore he includes in the mod.

I think the way SE could do it is Various Ores can be refined into Points, and the points/XP can be used to unlock a new tech tree.

*It would be better to have it mod friendly for like Azimuths mod pack etc. stuff that server owners could add easily.

if not mistaken the way the mod goes about it, is to basically make it where you rely on solar power for quite a while, and slowly unlock things after a while. i use it on my Dedi server and it def changes the experience and makes the Player think before just out and about building a capital vessel from start haha.

*PS can we get some more color to the HUD and Icons?? ores etc. haha i know mods out there that does it * see picture *

Replies (3)

photo

KSH seems to have a policy to keep any gameplay mechanics that overlap between ME and SE to a minimum.

This is why:

there's food in ME, but none in SE.

Ambient life in ME, little in SE

Compound blocks in ME, not in SE

Stone blocks in ME, SE: concrete flat out declined even though it's just a reskin and block value change.

There's a tech tree in ME, so I'd wager there won't be one in SE.

photo

that is true, But with it still being a Engineer style game regardless if their other game(s) has it, Dont make a engineer based game and not include a tech tree haha, thats like car simulator 2018 not having cars to work on XD

photo

The current tech tree in this game is the cost of stuff. I'm not sure if imposing this artificial one would be a good thing.

photo

That's not a tech tree and no where near it. Those are two totally different things.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file